General Meeting Dates
Alpha Omega council member meetings are generally held on the third Thursday of each month, except for July and August.
Alpha Omega offers to its members an evening of fellowship that is enjoyed over cocktails and dinner, and also includes a guest speaker.
Guests are welcomed when accompanied by a member.
During most of the monthly meetings a distinguished guest speaker is invited. Speakers range from a wide area of fields of expertise, and who have achieved recognition in their field of work. Topics include a fusion of current events, academic achievements, business success etc.
Past Guest Speakers include:
- Dimitris Bertsimas — Professor of Operations Research and co-director of the Operations Research Center at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Steve Katsos — Creator and star of The Steve Katsos Show.
- David Paleologos — Director of the SUFFOLK UNIVERSITY Political Research Center (SUPRC); principal of DAPA Research Inc.
- Loren Samons, PHD — Professor of Classical Studies and National Endowment for the Humanities Distinguished Teaching Professor at Boston University
- Elizabeth Prodromou — Visiting Associate Professor of Conflict Resolution at The Fletcher School for Law & Diplomacy at Tufts University. CES Co-Chair of the Eastern Mediterranean and Europe Study Group.
- Corey Dinopoulos — Co-Founder of the Boston Summer Olympics 2024 Organizing Committee; user experience designer at Fidelity Investments, specializing in design and art direction, creative conception, and design thinking.
- Iphigenia Kanara – Consul General of Greece in Boston
- Tim Kilduff — served as Founder and President of the Hopkinton Athletic Association and Director of the North America Marathon Association
- George Velmahos, MD, PhD – Program leader Trauma & Casualty Care Massachusetts General Hospital
- Harry M. Markopoulos – Author of “No One will Listen; A true financial Thriller”
- Petros Efthymiou – Fellow at the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University
- Anthe and Vasiliki Mitrakos – Founders and publishers of PORTES magazine. Past recipients of the AOC Peter Agris Scholarships.
- Emmanuel Paraschos — Graduate Program Director in the Department of Journalism at Emerson College.
- Fred Smerlas and Steve DeOssie – Former New England Patriots players.
- Christine Kondoleon – Behrakis Sr. Curator of Greek and Roman Art, Museum of Fine Arts Boston MA